Friday, December 19, 2008

Friday!!!


This week I lost 2.8lbs. I have about 7lbs to lose to reach my end of year goal. I have 12 more days to lose it and I am determined!! It seems it is getting a little harder to lose weight. when I first started I was losing anywhere from 4 to 6lbs a week.

I am happy for what I have lost. It has not been easy, but now this is part of my lifestyle. I don't look at going to the gym as exercise, I look at it as part of my daily routine. My trainer, Jason, has helped me so much. If he would have told me when I first started that By the end of the year I would be in a size 16 pants and under 200 lbs I would have never believed him. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't be where I am now. I know I would have called it quits along time ago, just like every other time.
I have tried every kind of diet possible. Including phen phen, which did work but I gained it back plus a whole lot more. I had a gym membership for 5 years and used it maybe used it 20 times. When I got a trainer I wasn't for sure it was for me. I had a hard time at first, mainly because how over weight I was. I have always been the type of person that worries what everyone else is thinking. When I was at the gym I was always worried what everyone was thinking of me and what I looked like. I believe the gym has helped me with this in and outside of the gym. I don't care what people think of me, I am who I am! I am there to lose weight and I am proud of myself.
About 3 years ago my mom and I went and sat through a class regarding gastric bypass surgery, I was really thinking about having the surgery. I'll I have to say is that I am so happy that I didn't. It would have been just another quick fix. I'm not just losing weight I'm learning how to better my health for the rest of my life!

3 comments:

Jen and Jaylie said...

you are amazing steph! :D Good Job! Changing your lifesyle is one of the hardest things to do! Can't wait to party it up with you on New Years!!

Kara said...

You look great!! It's crazy how the exercise becomes part of your day....and now that I'm doing that I'm watch more carefully what I eat! You look great!

Jadie said...

You are an inspiration Steph! Way to go!!

Jadie